Thursday, April 30, 2015

Coach W15 // HELL WEEK


I've been very lazy at writing my workout posts because I've been training like crazy and between that and my job I haven't had much spare time. It is not that I haven't trained, quite the contrary! The thing is I've fallen so far behind on my updates that I decided I'll write just a single HELL WEEK post, summing up days 2 to 7 (I managed to write an individual post about Day 1). I want to start with a visual summary of what my Hell Week was (remember "my code": S stands for standard workout and X for strength workout):

Day 1


Helios (S)
Metis (S)
01:07:42 ★ (PB, 1st time)
00:08:02 ★ (PB!)
Day 2


Venus(S)
100 Burpees
100 squats
00:24:13
00:16:47
00:04:52
Day 3

1/5 Iris (X)
Dione (S)
50 Froggers
00:24:14★ (PB, 1st time)
00:52:36
00:04:56★ (PB!)
Day 4


2/5 Hera (X)
Aphrodite (S)
00:09:38 (PB, 1st time)
00:37:18 
Day 5



Dione (S)
25 Burpees
25 Squats
25 Burpees
25 Squats
00:39:42
00:02:01 (PB)
00:00:33  (PB)
00:01:56  (PB!!!)
00:00:28  (PB!!!)
Day 6


Apollon (S)
Hera (X)
00:31:36 ★ (PB)
00:24:13    (PB, 1st time)
Day 7


2x Metis (X)
100 Burpees
100 Situps
100 Squats
100 Leg Levers
00:26:11    (PB)
00:11:54 ★ (PB)
00:03:31 ★ (PB!!!)
00:03:48 ★ (PB!!!)
00:04:37 ★ (PB, 1st time)

When I look at this table I can't help to feel proud and have a big smile on my face. I've faced, I think, three Hell Weeks in the past. None of them were as heavy as this one, and I didn't finish any of them 100%. I always had some excuse not to train all days, or not to do all the exercises I was told to do on a single training day. I have a hard time believing I did all this training in seven days... It looks like at least two or three "regular" weeks of training! I started this week knowing I was going to have to train late at night because of my work, and that I had already planned a soccer match on Tuesday (Day 2), a friendly match at work on Thursday (Day 4) -which turned out to be 1h30 long- and another match with my team on Saturday (Day 6). Things didn't look easy at all.

When I saw the week schedule I told my GF I didn't think I was going to be able to pull it off, considering work and soccer... Her new CrossFitter-cheering-motivated self proceeded to tell me (actually, yell at me haha) I was capable of doing it and then she put this image as my phone screensaver. All week long, every time I looked at my phone I was remembered "I CAN and I WILL". I repeated it like a mantra. Even when it was 10 PM and I was just getting home from work, and all I wanted to do was to go to sleep, I thought "I CAN and I WILL. I've gotten this far, I can't fail on Hell Week now" and proceeded to go out and train my heart out.

I did not only finished HELL WEEK, performing every single workout as it was programmed, from Monday to Sunday, 7 days in a row. I did it hitting personal best (PBs) times and reps on pretty much every workout from Friday to Sunday. And I did several workouts I had never done before. I trained even after I got home from soccer, already tired. I trained late at night, even if I was not feeling good. I CAN and I WILL. After this, I believe I can do anything.

I can only begin to describe the sense of pride and satisfaction I get from completing this week. I really had not much faith in myself, and this week changed that. It is more than a crazy hard physical challenge. It has really had an impact in my way of thinking and seeing myself. My body is ready, it is my mind that has to go along with it a bit more (a LOT more). I know now, for instance, that I am more than capable of training on soccer days, and still perform well...

#ClapClap to all of us, Free Athletes :D

No comments:

Post a Comment