Monday, September 30, 2013

Week #5 - HELL WEEK - Day 1 / Dione

 Dione:00:40:50 


New week, new workout plan! This is my last week of the free Freeletics program, and it's HELL WEEK. That means training everyday for 7 days straight with different workouts. Day 1 is Dione or Zeus so, of course I'm picking Dione (cardio).


Today I had Yoga in the afternoon (my sister couldn't make it on Wednesday as we usually do) and a soccer match afterwards. On top of that, tomorrow night I have another soccer match, so I wouldn't normally train under these circumstances... However, since it's hell week, well, let's unleash hell!!!.

I had just started the first round and I wanted to quit. I actually stopped the timer at 1 min 32 secs. After about 10 seconds of fighting my mind I realized that, with all my soccer, I would never have 7 straight days where I could do hell week without having anything else, so this week is just as good as any other.


Since WE NEVER QUIT, I re-started the timer and never looked back until I was done. I was, of course, tired and sore all the way, and it took me 40 mins 50 secs to finish Dione, that is 5 minutes more than my PB. I know I always say this, but today just finishing the workout feels like a success for me because I didn't even wanted to do it in the first place. So even if I would love to beat my PBs every time I train, I am contempt today with my 40 minutes.

Hell week will be certainly hell, but the triumph will definitely be glorious!


3 comments:

  1. I just started Freeletics (first week recap here: http://bit.ly/1t3Shkv), and your blog has been so helpful in piecing together the basic package. When you sign up with Freeletics now, they only offer a three week trial program, and I really wanted to go with the challenge of the original five week plan. I wouldn't have been able to do that without the details from your blog.

    I noticed though that you didn't post a link to the instructions for Hell Week, like you had with the first four weeks. If you still have the link for Week 5 and you wouldn't mind passing it along, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I am super glad to hear that this blog has been useful to you. A lot has been changing with Freeletics since I started, only a year ago! I did not know the free package is only 3 weeks now!
      I can e-mail you the instructions for Hell Week if you want, just leave your adress here (I'll delete it later ;) )

      Good luck!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete