Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cardio&Strength - W1D1

 Aphrodite: *00:31:55 

What do you do when you finish the 5 week free program? 
You see some results but not quite so many. You know you can do better. You know your times can still go down. You know you can get in so much better shape...

...so you get a Freeletics guide and start the next 15 weeks of your life!
Depending on your goals there are tree types of guides with instructions for 15 weeks of training: Cardio, Cardio+Strength and Strenght. I got the Cardio and Strength guide because, as I have previously explained, I'm looking for a balanced workout to gain endurance and also some strength (abs and back please!) We'll see how I do with this one, and who knows, maybe I can move to the Strength guide afterwards ;-)


The thing is, yesterday I donated blood. I know, it wasn't my brightest idea but well, it's done. I've donated quite few times before, and this is the first time I almost fainted while having my blood drawn >.< It was a bit scary but the nurse was super nice and calm and we got through it. I wasn't supposed to do any exercise, so yesterday I only went to yoga and skipped my Freeletics workout. Today was Aphrodite time -yet again- and boy did I miss those 400 mL of blood! I felt somewhat like I did when I first started training. Very dizzy in some points, like I was going to puke, breathless, just wanting to give up. I missed those red blood cells and the oxygen they were not carrying to my muscles! But, as usual, I kept in mind that we never quit, so I kept going, and I finished the workout in a decent time (31 mins, 55 secs), considering the circumstances.

Hopefully it will not take 3 months (the time I'll get back those missing cells) to regain my previous aerobic condition. I'm a bit scared for Saturday's soccer match...

You can check the detailed description of each guide at the Freeletics website (I've left a permanent link to the page by clicking on the Freeletics colorful logo in the sidebar). I'll keep telling you as much as I can from my workouts but I will not be providing detailed descriptions of the exercises anymore,




1 comment: