Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 4, Day 1 / Metis

 Metis: 00:08:31 

New week, new workout!
This week is the turn of the Titaness of wisdom Metis, the first great spouse of Zeus and -very confusingly to me- the mother of Athenea (last week I red it was Dione...). Anyhow, this workout is very short, full on cardio, consisting of burpees and two new exercises: climbers and high jumps. 

WORKOUT STRUCTURE

3 RoundsRound 1Round 2Round 3
Burpees102510
Climbers102510
High Jumps102510


Climbers should look like this:
basically starting in a push up position and alternating the feet and getting them right up to the hand level.

High Jumps should look like this:
in words; jumping so high that the knees touch the shoulders.

Today I had a soccer match that SUCKED. My new team (Monday's league) is very bad -we barely know eachother, have never played together + many of the girls are out of shape-; we were so overpowered by the other team that I barely had to run or do anything (just because I couldn't do anything!). On top of everything I had to play midfield when I'm a forward so, everything was out of place. I came home and decided to do my workout to shake it off. Of course I thought I would have no problems in doing the climbers and high jumps without modifications, and of course, I was wrong... 

The climbers were a lot harder than I imagined to do... getting the feet that forward isn't evident, but I managed to do them quite decently. The high jumps were another story. I looked my reflection in the mirror as I did them, and I barely dare to call them "high" jumps. Of course my knees never touched my shoulders and even if I felt I was pushing up with all my strength I could not get my knees higher than they wanted to go. The whole thing was quite intense and I was fast out of breath quickly... good cardio! It took me 8 min. 31 sec. to finish Metis today. This week I think I'll focus more on trying to get to do the high jumps really high rather than obsessing over improving the workout time.

No comments:

Post a Comment