Saturday, January 11, 2014

A week after Kentauros...

Last Sunday I did Kentauros. I was happy to be back, proud to have completed a workout that proved to be my doom, and exhausted. I knew I would be sore but I didn't know to what extent. I had to train very late, so I ended up sleeping only 6 hours that night. I'm a big sleeper. I need around 8 hours every day to be good. With 7 hours I'm only OK (I can function), with 6 it becomes hard because I get very sleepy... with 5 hours or less I'm in no mood to be messed around with. So, training hard + only sleeping 6 hours = I had a very hard Monday

Then, on Monday night I met up with a friend who lives in the US and is visiting for a couple of weeks, so we had dinner and a drink and we chatted... and I ended up going to bed at 2 AM again. So that makes two nights in a row only 6 hours sleep. I woke up on Tuesday and I could barely a) keep my eyes open and b) get out of bed and go down the stairs. My quads were killing me, and were stiffer than I've ever seen them. All day long I moved around at turtle speed. Then, as usual, I had soccer that night. I thought after a good match I would loose all my stiffness... well, NOT THIS TIME! Starting to play put me through a lot of pain. My legs were barely responding. After a while it got better, but the pain never went away completely. I was considerably slower than usual, both in terms of running speed and in response to changing movement. Overall, I was nowhere near my usual soccer self. And on top of that, we ended up loosing the game. It sucked!

On Wednesday my soreness was pretty much the same than on Tuesday. Soccer didn't help at all... or maybe it did, and if I had not played, on Wednesday I would have needed a wheelchair to go to work xD. We will never know! I had every intention to train again that night since I couldn't go to Yoga. I got home late and was still so sore, and exhausted after not sleeping enough, so the wisest thing I could do was to go to bed early to recover. Remember, I had to play another soccer match on Thursday night! That morning, even with my proper 8 hours sleep I was still very sore, but less than the previous days. I could almost go up and down the stairs normally and not look like I was dying in the process.That night I got to the field, all excited about my match as usual, and it turns out the other team didn't show up so we won by WO. I wasn't to happy about that (I needed to score plenty that day to keep up with the fight of higher scorer of this league...) but at least we played a reduced-just-for-fun match between ourselves, so I did do some exercise.

Then came Friday. I haven't talked about my upcoming trip to Europe... A few months ago there was a government strike here, so everything got upside-down and the last few months have been hectic. I have tried several times to have my passport renewed and it was absolutely impossible.I couldn't wait any longer for the situation to go back to normal, because I'm all booked and I depart on February the 2nd. The only way to get my passport was to get up at dawn and go stand in line at 6:20 AM (they open at 8:30). To give you an idea of how the situation is: even by getting there 2 hours 10 minutes before their opening time, I was the 40th person in line!!! At least the system didn't collapsed that day and I went out of there at 9:45 AM. My passport is due the 21st, so I should be OK to travel. After a day like that, well, that night I couldn't go to bed soon enough so I didn't even consider training. On the brighter side, I was almost pain free and ready to take on the new training session...

No comments:

Post a Comment