Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cardio&Strength - W5D5

 Apollon: *00:32:45 

After Kentauros' hell week, and recovering completely, today's session consisted in Apollon, an all new cardio workout that alternates burpees, 400 mt runs and deep squats. Compared to a hard strength session as was Kentauros, I find these cardio sessions to be almost a walk in the park (emphasis in the ALMOST part of the sentence), and a "joy" to do. I finally finished week #5!!!! It looked like this day would never come...

Burpees are my friends now and squats were always friendly, so I had no problem doing the workout without any modified repetitions. Yaaay for me! I got a star right away :-P. I had to stop though every once in a while to catch my breath. It is very noticeable when I have not been training steadily. I believe that if I had to to this same workout a couple more days in a row, I could get my time near the 25 minute mark with relatively little effort. We shall see what comes my way now though.

And still on the brighter side of life... I keep on training with company =). My close-one that had trouble with my getting-in shape is now not only doing some Freeletics workouts with me... They are even joining me in the soccer pitch and jogging while I play so WE KEEP MAKING PROGRESS!  

5 comments:

  1. Hola Catalina, yo recién empiezo freeletics, estoy haciendo las 5 semanas gratis y la verdad que ver la mejora en tus tiempos me motiva a seguir adelante. Saludos desde Uruguay, y perdoná que te escriba en español pero vi que sos chilena, y si bien entiendo inglés bastante bien escribir me cuesta horrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Laura!

      No te preocupes por el idioma. Escribí el blog en inglés para alcanzar un público más amplio nada más ;).
      Me alegra mucho escuchar que mi experiencia te ha servido. Las primeras semanas uno hace un progreso sorprendente, y es super reconfortante ver como el tiempo se reduuuuce y reduuuce. El problema viene más adelante, cuando la cosa se hace difícil y la vida se encarga de poner obstáculos. Mirame ahora, a penas puedo entrenar una vez a la semana!!! Pero bueno... la idea es no abandonar y esforzarse siempre al máximo.

      Te deseo mucho éxito en tu entrenamiento, ojalá vayas bajando tus tiempos también y te sientas igual de contenta y emocionada que yo. No dudes en pedirme consejos más adelante, y recuerda que si en algún momento quieres acceder a las guías específicas de 15 semanas te puedo recomendar la que mejor se adapte a tus objetivos y puedes utilizar mi link de afiliada para hacer la compra.

      Saludos!

      Delete
    2. Que viene despues de las 5 semanas?? estoy terminado y necesito saber que sigue!! satvai28@hotmail.com Saludos desde Chile!!!

      Delete
  2. Still waiting for the progress pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola, el lunes arranco con mis 16 semanas por que voy a hacer la semana 0 primero. Saludos de otro Uruguayo.

    ReplyDelete