Monday, March 2, 2015

Coach W10D1 - Aphrodite (Standard)

 Aphrodite (S): *00:31:32 


I got back from the beach to spend my last holiday week in the city. In my absence, the summer soccer team I'm playing in won and managed to get to the semi-finals, which we played and won on Tuesday 24 (February). We then played the final on Thursday 26. We knew from the start it was going to be an extremely hard game. The team we played against had 3 (semi)professional players on it. Unfortunately this particular summer amateur league allows a maximum of 3 pros per team, so it was all according to the rules... It was a tough game, and we evidently took quite a beating (can't remember the score but it was something like 8-0). We lost the game but were proud because we were the best non-pro team there. 

In other news, according to my "tradition", once I go into soccer break I try to donate blood, that way I can be well recovered once the matches start again. I did that first thing on Friday because I hadn't donated for a wile. I'm young, I'm healthy, I'm not afraid of needles; there's no reason why I shouldn't donate so I try to do it at least once a year (ideally two). You never know in life when you're going to end up needing a hand back of any sort...



With the two very important games and the blood draw I ended up not training that week at all, so I pushed off week #10. I know I shouldn't have, but it was just what I had to do; it allowed me a couple of days to recover well. I got back to work (*sad face*) on Monday, March 2nd and did my first week 10 training session that same night. It was good old Aphrodite!

I used to "hate" Aphrodite but now I cherish every time I have to do this workout because I'm very familiar with it, I know well when I can push harder, when I'm slacking off and I think it's the best workout for me to see improvements from time to time. I was feeling very good and motivated. I took very few and short breaks during the burpees. I usually "need" to lay around to catch my breath every 10 reps or so. I'm realizing more and more it's a mental thing rather than an actual physical need... This time, I flew, and it showed! In two weeks I lowered my time in about 4 minutes and I'm getting closer and closer to my old PB (the one I have my doubts about...). It took me a while, but it feels damn great to be here again!!! #trainforit

No comments:

Post a Comment