Thursday, December 5, 2013

Cardio&Strength - W5D2

1/2 Kentauros: *00:40:41


Today I had to do a new strength workout; Kentauros. It is composed of six series of a combination of lunge walk, high jumps and burpee frogs



If burpees were my personal hell at the beginning of Freeletics, burpee frogs are a whole new level of torture. And lunge walks seem easier than they are... but it's all a lie. Also, I do not recommend to do Kentauros with shorts and over cement; I got bruised knees very VERY fast, and they hurted all the way.

I'm unhappy and I feel disappointed. Remember that we NEVER quit? Well, today I quitted. I was absolutely unable to finish the workout. It took me 40 minutes to do 3 of the 6 series of Kentauros... And I couldn't keep on going. It was, I think, 70% a mental wall, 30% a physical one. I underestimated how tough this workout was. I really believed I would finish it quite fast, and I went for the star right away. I don't think doing the modified version of the exercises would have made that much of a difference, but maybe it would have been enough for me to be able to complete the whole thing.

Now I go to bed feeling ashamed and wondering what I could have done different not to be in this position. A big part of me shouts excuses like: "I was exhausterd today because I've been getting up early al week and last night I didn't sleep well", but I knoww deep inside there shoud be no excuses...

4 comments:

  1. Do not give up Catalina.
    There are surely many people interested in Freeletics, or doing it themselves right now, that draw a lot of inspiration from your blog. Your blog is in fact one of the top hits on google in regard to freeletics, so do not underestimate the attention you draw just based on the comments you receive.

    Believe me when I say that you are stronger than you might think you are. Not only are you doing the freeletics course, but you are also playing football and attending yoga classes. That is remarkable.

    Do not give up, you are doing great. You never complained about the pain, the struggle, the weakness, the inner fight.

    Go on and achieve greatness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comments like yourse give me a lot of strength to keep going. I liked what you said about underestimating the attention this blog's getting, even if I'm not entirely sure that's right. I guess it's in my nature to doubt things are really going good, isn't it?

      I also think we all need to be inspired sometimes, so thank you very much for your words. Kentauros was, for some reason, a really tough test for me, but I'll have to do it again in my next training session (W5D4), so I'll thake the oportunity as a revenge, and I'll make sure to finish the whole thing, no matter what. I'll try, as you say, to achieve greatness. It feels so much better than leaving a workout half way!!!

      Delete
  2. Your blog inspiring me and my friend to be strong and never complained about the pain, me and my friend from indonesia, please dont quit catalina.. we are your follower on freeletics.. keep the spirit!!! regards..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very very much. Your words give me strength =)! Good luck with your training!

      Delete