Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cardio&Strength - W3D1

 Burpee Max: *50 (in 300 sec) PB!

A new week has started! Luckily it has begun with a rather easy workout: the Burpee Max. Its comforting to have to do a well known workout, and knowing in advance a) I'll be able to finish it AND doing it with a star, b) It will all be over in only 5 minutes, and c) I have a good chance of beating my previous record. Taking advantage of my last few days of rest, I managed to beat my PB ☺. It's not a ginormous difference (only 2 more repetitions than the previous time), but its is a PB, and every repetition counts!!!

50 burpees in 5 minutes still sounds to me like a low number. It means it takes me on average 6 seconds to do each burpee... Well, I think the first 15 ones I do them in around 4 secs each, and from then on I loose some seconds catching my breath every X repetitions, and every time it takes me longer to do each one. My next goal will be dropping that number down to a burpee every 5 seconds, and hopefully achieving a bit more of a consistent rhythm. That means a total of 60 burpees, only 10 more than now; sounds absolutely feasible in the short term! I guess getting to 100 repetitions would be my long term goal...

No comments:

Post a Comment