Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week #5 - HELL WEEK - Day 4 / Aphrodite

 Aphrodite: *00:27:53 

Day four of Hell Week and it's the turn of Aphrodite. I hadn't done this workout in a while, and I was excited to do it again (and hopefully beat my PB). It's amazing how my way of thinking changed this week from "I don't think I can get trough Hell Week" to "let's beat some PBs!" ☺.


I did Aphrodite today in 27 minutes and 53 seconds. That's almost a minute below my previous PB. It's not much, but it's still an improvement!. Moreover, I didn't feel dizzy and I didn't have to stop to catch my breath during the burpees... We've become BFFs this past weeks, me who started off hating them really bad! I only had to stop a few seconds during the sit ups, I still can't get 50 in a row. Up to 20 I'm good, then to 25 I struggle a bit and I have to stop a few seconds every 5 to 10 reps from that point on. Still, I'm improving and that's all that matters!

I'm also feeling that the sweating has gone down in intensity. I guess that's also a sign of me getting fitter, right? Overall, still happy, still moving forward and NEVER quitting!




2 comments:

  1. Hey Catalina,

    I've recently started on week one (Aphrodite) and have been finding it really difficult to get through each time it takes me 41mins to get through it at the moment. So that 27min PB sounds pretty amazing to me! Nice Work!

    You are nearly through, only one more workout til you finished with the 5 weeks program!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nick!

      You are the first visitor to leave a comment, thank you for that and please, feel special because to me you are!
      As you can read on my older posts, I started with a "pre" Freeletics week where I couldn't even finish Aphrodite. Then, on my first try, I finished the workout in 38+ minutes, so as you can see, I've come down in more than ten minutes now!

      Keep giving it all your best. You may stuggle at first, and be a little disappointed at your performance but you'll start seeing that your times will be going down very fast and that every workout will be easier and easier.

      P.S.: Hell week is 7 days of workouts so I still have 3 more days to go!

      Delete