Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week #5 - HELL WEEK - Day 2 / Squat Max, Push Up Max & Metis

 Squat Max: *104  Push Up Max: 24  Metis:*00:11:59 

OMG.
I really don't recommend training two days in a row having soccer matches on those same days. My legs are really shaking and I already feel like tomorrow I'll wake up all stiff and sore...


Day two of Hell Week. I went and played soccer for an hour (we won, 3-2... I scored 2 goals and assisted on the other one, so I'm stoked!). Then we celebrated the win for a little while, while I was thinking "it's Hell Week, I have to get home and do the workout".  I came home and started with the Squat Max and, to my surprise, I performed quite decently (104 squats in 300 seconds); only one repetition down from my PB. I think I've gained leg strength because after chasing the ball for a whole hour (and having played yesterday and the day before that) I thought I wouldn't have the strength to pull it off, or at least not that well.  

Of course, after the squats I felt brave enough to think I could do the Push Up Max properly and finally get a star... Luckily I over think things so I ended up deciding to take it easy and do the push ups girly style (knees on the ground). It was pitiful! I don't have a reasonable explanation to my lame 24 push ups in 100 seconds -and without a star!!!!-. All I know is that my triceps were burning and I just couldn't speed up. I'll have to work a loOoOot harder on my push ups to get to a decent place...

Finally came Metis. I have a hate/love thing going on with this workout. I like it because it's quick, but at the same time I think it is way harder than it looks. The thing is, by that time, with all the squats and the soccer, my legs were a bit shaky and loose, so it took me 11 min 59 secs to finish the workout, which is far from my PB. At least I managed to do the high jumps properly, a thing that I thought would be impossible with my floppy legs!

Overall I'm glad it's over, I'm happy that my mind won over my body again and that I pushed myself to do the workout even after being tired from all the soccer! Hell week is, so far, living up to it's name!

No comments:

Post a Comment