Thursday, October 31, 2013

I'm back!

Hello again and happy Halloween to all of you who celebrate it!


I'm finally back from my trip to  Ecuador .It was a lot of fun but of course, I'm glad to be home. I visited Cuenca, a city in the mountain area of the country, at over 2500 meters over sea level. I even went up to 4167 meters, and boy did I felt the height! It was a nice and calm colonial city, but the sun was extremely heavy. 

After 3 days there I passed through Guayaquil in a 5 hour drive to get to the beach of Salinas (yes, just like my last name!). From there I visited several beaches, of which I particularly loved MontaƱita, Ecuador's surf/party paradise. I even took a surfing lesson (lucky me, nobody else was there that day so it was a private lesson)! It was definitely the highlight of my trip. I had never surfed before and I found it was a) super-duper-extremely fun and b) a hell of an exercise!!! I was sore the day after, specially in my abs, pecs and triceps. I thought the legs and butt would get the harder exercise, but it turns out that you spend a lot more time struggling with the waves and the board, getting in position, paddling and then pushing up fast and strong to stand up in one single movement than you do standing up in the board... so there you go!


Unfortunately the Internet connection was not great most of the time, so I couldn't give you any updates from there... and what is worse, I couldn't find time to do my workouts. Shame on me, I know, but a trip is a trip and I was busy either knowing new places and doing stuff or too tired after a long day to train...

So I'm still stuck at week #2, but I'll get back on the horse right away and I'll give it my 200% percent to make up for lost time.

PS: Freeletics helped my with my beach body and I felt good about it =)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, and what you now practice? I wish you perseverance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for your message. I didn't train much during my trip, but I'm getting back at it ASAP.
      Persevearance... thank you, that's very true. We must have a lot of perseverance for this kind of training.
      Cheers, and good luck with your training too!

      Delete
    2. :) I will definitely keep track of your progress :) how you plan to train? Since when do you start?

      Delete