Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week #5 - HELL WEEK - Day 6 / Aphrodite

 Aphrodite: *00:28:01 

Well, yesterday was crazy: I went to a Pride Parade downtown and walked my ass off with almost 30°C. Then I ran, changed clothes and played a soccer match (we won 4 - 2). Afterwards I showered and went to a friend's housewarming party until 3 AM. Of course, I couldn't find a decent time slot to train, and the day went by full speed ahead. I was doing so well this week! Even on crazy Friday I managed to train... It is a shame I skipped a day, but well, that's life... I did my best and this time it just wasn't enough. 

Today, Sunday, I did then my 6th day of Hell Week (which I shoud have done yesterday). It was Aphrodite again, and I finished the workout in 28 minutes and 01 seconds. It took me a few seconds longer than the other day so no PB, but I know I could have finished a bit earlier. I had a wardrobe malfunction which consumed me around 10 seconds +  I had eaten a little too close to the workout, so by the time I was at the 20 burpees, I wanted to throw up, so I had to slow down to breathe slower and better as to prevent my puking. If I had trained "normally" I would've beaten my PB. I guess we'll just have to wait and see for next time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now let's talk about something funny.

I've always had a protruding bone in my lower back (very low). I'm not much of an anatomist, but I think it's one of my sacrum spinous tubercles (the protruding parts of the 5 vertebrae that fused into the sacrum)... anyways, this bone is just about where my butt crack begins, right in the zone were you tilt when doing sit ups. I've always felt pain during the sit ups because of that bone being crushed repetitively under my weight, but I've always pushed through, and ignored it because there's nothing really I can do about it. The thing is, this week I've done a lot of sit ups, every day, so during Friday's workout (Day 5) I felt way too much pain, so that night I looked myself in the mirror after showering and I realized I had a massive bruise just at the beginning of my butt crack and coming dow na little into the butt crack, in between the cheeks!!! I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry about that awful scene. Today the bruise is still not gone, of course, so it still hurted a lot when doing the sit ups, but well! Nothing there I can do! I always try to do the sit ups in a surface as soft as possible and I even remove any shorts or leggings with a thick elastic band that may contribute to the hurting. I guess this week that just wasn't enough. I'll have to think of better ways to protect my butt crack from future bruising!

No comments:

Post a Comment