Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cardio&Strength - W2D3

 Artemis: 00:52:30 


Artemis is the f**king hardest workout ever (for me). It has, amongst other things, a series of 50 pull ups followed by a series of 100 push ups. My two favourite exercises, together and in a high number of repetitions. Wohow!

I was super sore for about four days after my fist pull ups during Ares, and even today I could feel my triceps tight when I lifted my arms (and it's been 6 days!). I had soccer matches on Saturday (we moved on to semi finals!), Sunday (I scored 6 goals!!!!) and on Monday (we lost the semi final at the penalty kicks... the goal keeper catched mine :-(... Yesterday I rested because I was absolutely beaten after those three days of soccer -and you know that recovering properly is as important as exercising properly-, so only today I could move on to day 3. At this rate, week #2 is almost turning into "month #2"!. The "good" news is all my leagues are getting to an end so I'll soon have a lot less soccer an a lot more time to do my Freeletics workouts. I intend to catch up with all this lost time, but we'll see how things go.

I think today I spent over 15 minutes doing the pull ups. Even with the modified version, (a.k.a jumping up to the bar and lowering myself in a "controlled" motion...) I struggled with each and every single one of them. Around the 35th repetition I felt something cracking in my left forearm, and from then on whenever I pulled, my arm tingled with a shooting sensation of pins and needles. It was weird and uncomfortable, but not painful. I don't really know what that was. I think it might just have been fatigue, even if the pain was not cramp-like... 

After that, I think I spent at least another 10 to 15 minutes to do the push ups, girly style (knees on the floor). At some point I wanted to give the finger to Artemis, lie down and just go to sleep. I don't like failing, and even if I did all the repetitions -which took me an eternity to do- I know I didn't do the exercises all that well because I didn't always lock my arms completely during the pull ups (I can't even lower my body all the way in a controlled manner!) and I didn't always lifted my arms from the floor when I got down at the push ups. 

As the picture says; I struggle very hard with these strength exercises today. In the near (hopefully) future my triumph over the pull ups will be glorious.To get there, I just have to keep on working hard-


No comments:

Post a Comment