Monday, November 25, 2013

Cardio&Strength - W3D4

 Ares: 00:14:16 (PB!) 
 Sit Up Max: *123 
 Ares: 00:15:31 
 Sit Up Max: *125 (PB!) 

Last workout of the week!!! Or should I say workoutS... Four at once, to be more precise; this is a first! With soccer (I'll tell you about the finale on my next post) it took me a while to get to this last session (time and energy issues), but today I came in well rested, ready to kick some ass.

Ares includes 5 series with Pull Ups, and I seem to be getting worse and worse at doing them instead of better. I still get the tingling sensation in my left forearm after a few repetitions, and I loose strength quickly to the point where I can barely hold myself with the chin over the bar, let alone lower myself in a controlled manner. I sometimes feel like I'm "cheating" because I'm not even doing every modified repetition correctly, but this is something that is truly beyond my abilities right now. I'm working on it, and I can't wait to see the day were I can do 10 full pull ups straight, but until then I'll just have to keep on working and trying to do my best at each repetition. 

I'm starting to get calluses on my hands because of the Pull Ups (they hurt a little). I've been seeing several videos in YouTube and reading posts that address this issue. The best explanation on how to prevent the calluses all can be found hereI've been very carefull at gripping the bar correctly from the start (i.e. centering the bar at the base of my fingers >"the gorilla grip" rather than in the center of my palm), and I'm convinced that if I hadn't, my hands would be ripped by now. But still, I'm hanging from a metal bar, when I usually don't so I think it is only normal to have calluses developing. I don't like it though! Still, it's a little price to pay for getting stronger and better!.

Today I beat two PBs so I'm pleased about that, but I'm hungry for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment