Monday, November 18, 2013

Cardio&Strength - W3D1

 Aphrodite: *00:29:27 

New week, old workout! 
It's been a while since I haven't done Aphrodite, so I was excited to do it again. I know the idea is to top your PBs every time, but I am realistic and I'd rather set myself a goal that I know it's possible for me to achieve (i.e. to finish the workout in less than 30 minutes, which I did) than one I know I'll probably not be able to accomplish (i.e. top my PB, which I didn't). I'm a minute and a half away from that PB though, but with all honesty, I think that today I could not have sped up more than I did (maybe 30 seconds, tops).

As I was writing the previous paragraph, I remembered this picture
I still have a hard time believing and incorporating into my system some of these messages, which I believe to be so true... Maybe I'm too rational and realistic, as I said before, to be able to really erase the "IM" in IMpossible. But we're getting there, right?

In spite of my "low goal", I gave my best trying to lower my time. I was sweating like crazy (ah, the good old days!), had shortness of breath and all those pretty things Aphrodite brings to your life. Even if the overall time does not reflect it, I made what I believe is an important progress: this time around felt like fainting during the 20 repetition series instead than during the 30 repetition series... I think that's a reflection of me gaining endurance; I could stand more repetitions before feeling dizzy! Also I did more squats in a row before needing to take a mini break. Again, I think that's the endurance kicking in.

All and all, I wish I had to do Aphrodite again this week to try and top my PB. I feel I always need one session to adjust to the workout change before I can really make it count, and with this new guide, every day has a different workout so it's not evident to do!


PS: playing soccer on Saturday was the best remedy for my sore muscles from last week's workouts. I scored 7 goals (yes, you heard me, 7 goals in one single match :-D) and we qualified to the final which will take place this Saturday, so I'll keep you posted on that! This week I'll train like crazy, hopefully from Monday (today) to Thursday straight, rest on Friday and then play on Saturday at the top of my game.

PS2: yesterday was elections day in Chile. We have to have a second round to define who will be the next president, even though everybody knows that answer already!

No comments:

Post a Comment