Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cardio&Strength - W2D4

 Metis: *00:10:45 
 Metis: *00:09:57 

FINALLY, my last session of week #2: Metis, two times in a row.

Today is day 1 after Artemis -and my Dad's birthday-. I have some soreness in my pecs, shoulders and triceps from the push ups and pull ups. I also feel my quads tight (and getting tighter by the hour) from the sit ups. However, since it's only day 1, I'm still very functional; last week it was on day 3 were I couldn't take off my sports bra by myself... Hopefully, today's exercise will help me to feel less pain tomorrow, and specially on Saturday (the dreaded day 3) because I have a soccer semi-final, so I have to be at my best to get to the final, specially after loosing the other two semi-finals we've played these past two weeks... 

I did Metis without any modified repetitions (yay!), but I couldn't top my last PB. I was slown down because of the pain and stiffness in my muscles, but I still managed to get through the thing quite decently. I took a couple of minutes break in between the two Metises, and as I was warmer, the second time my muscles hurted a less so I managed to improve my time in almost a full minute. By the end of the whole thing I was pouring sweat like crazy; always a good sign. I feel like I could have pushed myself a bit harder tough... Next time I'll really strive to top my PB.

Tomorrow I'll rest, on Saturday I'll play soccer and on Sunday (election day here in Chile), I'll get started with week #3!. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment