Friday, August 23, 2013

Day -4 / Yoga Mat

Wednesday, August 21, 2013


I have 2 general exercise premises:

1. when I do a hard workout or have a tough soccer match, the next day I may be sore, but the second day after the exercise is     always the worst
2. the only way to prevent premise n°1 to be fulfilled is by exercising through the soreness

Well, today is the second day after my first "HIWOD" and I woke up with much less muscle soreness than I expected. As my pecs and triceps were burning yesteday I tought today they would ache a lot worse, however since I pushed trough the exercises yesterday, the second premise was fullfiled ☺.

I decided therefore to increase my exercise to 3 series of 15 burpees, 15 sqats and 15 sit ups. It took me 11 mis 15 sec to finish this "HIWOD". Overall my burpees are still quite bad but I felt somewhat better at doing them. Again the squats and sit ups were relatively easy to acomplish. Today I included something very important I had forgotten to do the first two days: a good stretch after completing the series!


Well, I was using an old camping sleeping pad as my exercise base (for protecting my knees during the burpees and my lower back during the sit ups). The thing kept rolling on itself and sliding over my hardwood floor so I needed something more appropiate.

I found an old yoga mat in my garage (which I tought belonged to my sister but apparently not...), and of course it was perfect... if only it was clean! I took it as a part of my training then to give it a proper wash.





As you can see, it was absolutely disgusting, the water came out black and I had to scrub quite hard to take the heavy stains off. These things are like sponges, they take in a lot of water (also a lot of dirt) so by the time I finished soaking and scrubing the thing weighed a tonne! In the end, I strenghtened my triceps by "gently" sqeezing it dry (with help of couse, I barely could lift the thing on my own!).

Then I hung it to air dry overnight...

1 comment:

  1. Yoga mats is for home exercise. It is keep always clean and fresh. Valuable accessories for exercise training. Innovative idea sharing this blog.

    ReplyDelete