Thursday, August 29, 2013

Week 1, Day 3

 Aphrodite: *00:31:55 


After only doing yoga yesterday I considered myself rested. My goal for today was, therefore, to finish the workout in under 35 minutes. During the HIWOD I felt rather good, so I even thought I could do it in around 30 minutes. I wasn't too far off since I managed to do it in 31 min, 55 sec. I therefore lowered my previous time in around 8.5 min, and my previos PB (Personal Best) in a little over 6 min, which I think is A-W-E-S-O-M-E. 

Just like the previous workouts, the killer point for me is when I get to the series of 30 burpees. Yes, getting through the first 50 and 40 repetitions is tough, your muscles are still a bit cold and stiff but on the other hand you are just getting started and have all the energy. Later, when you get to the series of 20 and 10 repetitions, it looks like nothing compared to 50, so those are mentally easy, plus you are so close of the finish line and the series go by so fast that you naturally speed-up. It's in the series of 30 where the trick is, and it is a physical and mental wall that you have to punch through. 

It's no coincidende that it's in the series of 30 where the sweat usually starts running and dripping off my face as I jump! Today I sitll had to slow down a couple of times to catch my breath. I still don't master burpees completely, but they go by so much easier!!! I feel my arms and pecs stronger already, therefore, whitout pain, I can lift myself up faster. I noticed a difference also in the squats and the sit ups, but not as dramatic as the burpees...

No comments:

Post a Comment