Thursday, August 22, 2013

Day -5 / Pain

Tuesday, August 20, 2013


I woke up after my pathetic fist pseudo-HIWOD feeling sore. I recieved the note from my pecs who were being "seriously" exercised for the first time ever. My triceps were also aching quite a bit, and all I did was 30 lazy-unproperly-done-burpees!!! That goes to say what a great exercise the burpee is; even if you do just a few (and halfway), you're puting your muscles to the test.

I also felt a lot of pain on my lower back area. I've had general on and off back pain all my life. I corrected the higher back pain strenghtening a bit my muscles and wearing prescribed insoles. During the last 6 months I started having on and off lower back pain for no apparent reason, so I got a little concerned that maybe I didn't do the exercises with an appropiate technique and I might have injured my back again. However I know my body, and I felt this pain was more "after work out" than "injury".

As I was so sore, I decided to continue with my baby steps and repeat the 3 series of 10 burpees, 10 squats and 10 sit ups. Because of the soreness, this time around it took me 10 min 51 sec to complete the series. 

This is definitely harder than I tought.

1 comment:

  1. Doing burpees, or any form of exercise can be really hard, especially if you’re doing it the first time. So as much as possible, work out in a pace that your body can handle, and slowly work your way up to more repetitions later on. That way, you can prevent muscle pain and cramps from flaring up. Hope it helps! Take care!

    Joan Stevens @ Stringer Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete