Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 2, Day 5 / Aphrodite + Push-Up MAX

 Aphrodite: *00:28:39 (PB!) 
 Push-Up MAX: 33  

Yesterday I played soccer so I "rested" from the workouts. Today I had no match so I decided it was a good idea to try and improve my Aphrodite time. Also it is my fifth day of training of week  # 2, which makes me feel quite happy and proud in terms of my commitement to the program. I must confess though, that the MAXs are very tempting compared tot he Aphrodite because they are over so fast!!! So I think this week is also a bit of a mental challenge not to only do MAXs because they are easier. Still, the bigger the challenge (i.e. Aphrodite), the better the reward.

I did the Aphrodite with no modified repetitions in 28 minutes and 39 seconds. I improved my best time in a little less than 2 minutes. Yay me! I think this proves my point; I need to be more "rested" in order to really improve my PBs. I commented about that feeling I had the other day that I could really do thing faster if I weren't that thire. At one point during the series I even thought I could make it in under 27 mins, but the situps held me back this time. As I said yesterday, my quads feel really tired, and today they were better but not great yet. On the brighter side, burpees are each time less of a struggle  =)!

After my new PB, and considering my arms/chest weren't too demanded I thought to myself "there's no need to do BOTH MAXs, you can just do the Push-Up MAX and leave  for another day the Squat MAX" (because I think wouldn't have done even 50 squats in 5 minutes after a full Aphrodite with the way my legs were feeling)... So I did the Push-Up MAX, and I was wrong. I felt really tired and did aroung 10 reps less than the time before. At one point I thought "I already did Aphrodite today, I'll just quit doing this stupid/painfull push-ups"... but then I remembered that 


so I finished my pitifull 33 repetitions and called it a day, exhausted. Even if the workout was lame,  I did it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment