Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week 3 (still), Day 5 / Dione

 Dione: 00:39:35 

Today was a hard workout. It all started good, and I finished round one in about 11 minutes so I was confident I could finish the whole thing in under 35 minutes and improve my PB. However I wasn't feeling to good and my stomach started to hurt during the sit ups. I felt like puking a couple of times, I don't really know why. Then I felt quite dizzy during the first burpee series of the third round, so I had to do it slower and catch my breath quite a few times. This led to me finishing Dione in 39 min., 35 sec, that is over 3 minutes more than the previous time.


I may not have a new PB but I powered through the nausea and finished the whole workout in under 40 minutes (and without throwing up). I was constantly thinking "we NEVER quit" as I was feeling like puking, and also I was thinking about this image:



I finished the workout in a reasonable time and I feel damn proud of it. I think one cannot expect to be super fine in every single workout. There are days that you just feel worse, and I think it's OK to take a little longer to get the workout done as long as you do it.

In spite of the nausea I felt the overall workout felt "easier", the exercises flowing much better. Burpees are almost a walk in the park and even leg ups are beginning to be less traumatic. I still can't do them fast enough without my hands under my butt, I feel I am close enough though, soon I'll be able to get my Dione star. Tomorrow is the beginning of week #4. I also have soccer matches tomorrow (Monday) and the day after that (Tuesday) so we'll see what this week has in store for me and my workouts...

No comments:

Post a Comment