Thursday, September 12, 2013

Week 3, Day 2 / Dione

 Dione: 00:42:28 

So, today was my second day of Dione. I feel that the workout itself is harder than Aphrodite, specially because it involves a suite of burpees -round (n-1)-, jumping jacks and burpees again -round (n)- that get your heart pumping quite a bit! By the end of those three I really don't feel like doing leg ups, and that is for me the hardest exercise of this HIWOD... The reason I don't have a star are the leg ups. I have no problem with doing them with my legs extended, but I must have my hands under my butt, otherwise I bend my lower back and I can't do all the reps. I think I deserve a half star because it's the only modified exercise but well...

I really feel the cardio on this workout, and I'm sweating accordingly! Since I've been doing Freeletics I've been sweating more than ever and it's the first time in my life that I've had salty sweat drops getting into my eyes and making them burn a little!!!

Today I finished the workout in 42 minutes and 28 seconds. I improved my previous time by 4 minutes. Considering that a) the other day I mixed up squats and sit ups + I was tired because I had done Aphrodite (new PB) the day before, and b) today I am well rested and I did the workout properly, I think the 4 minutes improvement is just "OK". I'm ambitious, I know, but I really would've loved getting it done in under 40 minutes. I guess I'll just have to keep doing Dione until I'm satisfied with my time.

On a general note, I'm having a hard time speeding up. The easiest part of the workout for me are the sit ups, but I just can't do them faster! Also I think I could speed up a bit in the jumping jacks but at the speed I am currently going I start feeling sore by rep. 60-65 so I can manage to get to 75 straight away. I'm afraid that if I speed it up too much I'll be sore earlier and in the end it'll be counter productive. Trying to beat yourself is quite hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment